Tuesday 18 July 2017

Grey areas

Goodness me I was tired last night! Trying to improve my fitness levels does seem a lot like wearing myself out sometimes, but after a hearty vegetarian cottage pie and a long awaited acupuncture treatment it did mean I had a good long sleep for which I was very grateful! I give thanks for the pearly colours of the sea before I closed my eyes - long before darkness fell.

I give thanks for Julie giving me a lift to my blood test this morning and for brightening up my day with further excursions including a quest for vegan cake (which took in a lot of local venues before success)...and being there when I got home to a scary message about my last blood test! Apparently I should have had two letters by now and thus missed an appointment, but I was in the Post Office yesterday and they assured me they had no mail for me. Apart from abject terror I give thanks I still feel fine and am still busy arranging all kinds of unlikely activities to prove it...

I give thanks she too saw the amazing sea last night so it wasn't just a post acupuncture visual effect...and that we both saw the strangest one in the bay today as the rain came in. A ship appeared in the gloom...and then gradually disappeared again, revealing itself (with the help of my zoomy camera) as a kind of mirage caused by???? Well, we don't know! Extra rain or hail hurling itself on a little patch of water perhaps...like when a shaft of sunlight falls? Maybe. I've seen a lot of sea in my time but I've certainly never seen anything like it - it was ship shape and everything!

I give thanks for continuing my quest for the missing meds with finally...whilst composing a paragraph of complaint...a new date for delivery! I give thanks for being able to delete said grumbly sentences. I know I have so much to be grateful for but sometimes...just between you and me...I could wish things could be a little easier, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics