Thursday 6 July 2017

Keeping one's composure

I give thanks to David Haines for the archipelago of arpeggios in his wonderfully wavey arrangement of Charles Causley's Rattler Morgan. As the concert I can't go to nears I found myself singing it in my dreams and begging to be allowed to join in. I give thanks that Christine (who knows how much I love the poem/song) must have heard me and sent me a text this morning

I give thanks that Bob, one of the few beings I know who understand both the irrespressible urge to create music and electronic software is going to help me see if there's some way of getting back into this without two working hands...when he's finished putting his hands to good use moving home!

I give thanks for fending off today's little sideswipe to my sanity ie. hearing from the management company that the freeholder (who has allegedly been getting scaffolding for the roof) won't do it because he says it's my water tank that's leaking. The tank before this one did leak and he has never let me forget it...any water ingress anywhere in the property he blames me! I pointed out there's only a leak when it rains...and kindly offered to upload some videos to their Facebook page to illustrate the situation...but they immediately suggested sending someone from their team to meet me here for a guided tour instead. I give thanks I didn't book the trip I was tempted to in last night's attempt at 'day seizing' as it was on the date that they suggested...

A bit tired and achey, I give thanks for taking it easy today...catching up with the chores and making and eating a large late leisurely lunch as, though the day seems to have slipped away, I have seized on something to do this evening - attending the first meeting of a local writers' group. I can't say it's something I've always wanted to do, I wouldn't go so far as to say I even want to do it now but hey ho, it's got to be worth trying it out eh? I know how to spell trepidation...I'm sure it'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics