Saturday 8 July 2017

Lilies of the moor

Heavens I'm tired tonight...but I give thanks it's for a most excellent reason! Feeling cornered and trapped in so many ways at the moment any kind of escape is welcome, but a great escape into the great outdoors where for a few hours I could feel like the 'real' me again is one of the best of all. Quite how I managed to leave all the aches and pains behind as well as the stresses and worries I really don't know...well obviously I don't as if I did I'd be doing it all the time wouldn't I? But equally obviously I give great thanks I did. Maybe it was just the sheer joy of doing something that felt so good it used up all my sensory perception for a while...certainly I can feel some bodily protests now it's over, but a little bit of my mind (and a couple of photos) are the key to the memory of the pleasure and I'm very grateful I will have that too.

I give thanks to Mima for her facilitation, and her patience with the tricksy parking manoeuvres...and the frequent stops I need to get up a hill! For feeling almost skippy coming down! For the weather and traffic staying kind and reasonably priced cups of tea...

For finding this lovely spot, despite it staying so well hidden we'd given up looking and were on the way back to the car when we came across it quite by accident!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics