Sunday 9 July 2017

Neither hear nor there

Being here now not being where I want to be, I give thanks for the people who've helped me feel free of it one way and another this last week. Including myself of course...and, most especially, for everyone upstairs being out for an hour or so today. Not being able to overhear or simply feel the presence of people overhead is most unusual and a source of such sweet release! I always have a little mental list of pleasures to partake of in the delicious sense of privacy and safety that envelops me...often, but not exclusively, meditation related, though sometimes this takes the form of merely mindfully 'being here now' not wishing myself far away.  I give thanks as no one nearby was wielding angle grinders, lawnmowers, strimmers, chain saws for a while too, no dogs barking, yapping or howling, I enjoyed some of that as well.

I give thanks for the sight of the bright moon reflected on the sea last night reminding me it's not all bad! That though it was hard to get comfortable enough to sleep I wasn't in a great deal of pain...for extra snooze time after I first woke up this morning, and a micro nap after I unlotussed my limbs.

I give thanks for having a few tasks to tackle...but only a few. For starting a little crossword compiling task Joanne set me, and finishing sewing a pair of shorts. For discovering I'd left a cooker ring on before it burnt a hole in the pan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics