Tuesday 11 July 2017

Oat cuisine

I give thanks for the strange beauty of the sky last night - a rainbow curving through dark grey and yellow clouds, then hints of orange and pink. For making a small trial batch of almond and dried cherry flapjacks which turned out rather crumbly but so delicious I just ate all the crumbs anyway!

I give thanks though there was light rain this morning it wasn't pouring through the old extractor vent in my water tank cupboard on the landing so that when the management company chap came out he could see it wasn't 'leaking'. Poor man, I feel for him trying to steer his way between the aspirations of the people who live in the building and the guy who owns it. I knew he would have to say 'Yes but...' things, and they included 'It's a real problem with scaffolding on this road with narrow access'...to which I pointed out that scaffolding was pretty much always up somewhere along it nonetheless, and 'It's going to cost thousands...' at which I responded I'd rather spend my money on my share of the repairs than taking them to court. He's said to leave it with him (some more) but that he was going to get three quotes and formally consult with the leaseholders which is of course the correct process, so it's encouraging to know he is aware of property law and I give thanks for this.

I give thanks I can still click with my right and as I've been doing a lot of that today seeing if I can make a dream come true. The trouble with living with deteriorating health for many years is that you keep thinking of one more thing you'd like to do before it's too late. Well, maybe there are one or two other problems here and there but on the whole that one is my favourite!

For a cheery Tesco man enjoying my confusion at the 'price match' substitute for an out of stock pack of little gems which was three cheap round lettuce. As they also gave me an extra sliced loaf in error so clearly lettuce sandwiches will feature on the menu a lot over the next few days...unless I come across anyone with a rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics