Saturday 1 July 2017

This charming man

Feeling chilled to the soul and weary last night, I gave thanks the night before I'd made some dahl and Eve's pudding so had some heart cockle warming comfort food to hand.

I gave thanks for Merciless, a C4 series from Brazil about a disarming killer using his charm to harm. For car ads with their glorious scenery. For the evening light colouring the sky almost like yesterday's photo

For the duvet of oblivion...and dreams with fairly gentle revision of subjects my subconcious thought I'd not thought enough about

Today for the sunshine for those doing sunny things, the wind for those doing those...and for myself, with increasing resolve to do no things whatsoever at all, for both together and the way the leaves dance in the light. Oh and for finding an untitled poem I wrote written a year or two ago. It fascinates me how emotions make some of us want to arrange squiggles or pixels. And squiggles or pixels make some of us feel emotion...not psychopaths though I suppose...

Lest we regret
Unbearably
The unforgotten wounds
Holes in our hearts the hope seeps from
In stillness or sobriety…
The silence of the night
Awake, alone...or might as well be

Lest we regret unbearably
The unforgotten losses
The hands we held that slipped from ours too swiftly
We find a solace in sweet wine
The scent of flowers cut to die
The lick of salt on a lover's skin
Or try to...

Lest we regret unbearably
The unforgotten truth of joy
Before the lie
We live
A little

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics