Saturday 2 September 2017

Don't mind if I do

The most wonderful thing about yesterday didn't happen until very late. I went to bed and fell straight to sleep before any rituals, procedures or practicalities...even turning out the light! I can always sleep for England after a general anaesthetic but a few locals in my arm seems to have had the same effect too...I guess it's my body trying to recover, from both the stress and the invasion.

I give thanks for trying to get on with stuff despite the tenderness and awkwardness. A light load of washing done...and, one handed, my hair not only washed but detangled afterwards! I give thanks for conditioner...For getting the rubbish and recycling out and a quick walk down to the sea and back to see how it felt to be outdoors, For a baggy sleeved hoodie covering up the large foam sausage on my elbow.

For Mima bringing me cake and the Ladybird book of Mindfulness to cheer me up, and helping me work out how to wrap my arm in clingfilm which is what I've been told to do in order to have a bath... Nobody said it was easy...

I give thanks Keeping On Keeping On has finally arrived electronically and free!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics