Sunday 10 September 2017

Fogiving the dream

I give thanks for the soft glowing rainbow in the grey of showers yesterday evening. For fireworks somewhere I couldn't identify but could see by leaning out the kitchen window...and hearing people cheering as well!

I give thanks for gradually recovering from a disturbing dream last night in which I was very vividly very happy. I've known some unkind things in my life but, honestly, my subconscious can be the meanest of all...

I give thanks for the aforementioned train journey moments. A lone lopsided Portaloo at the edge of a field. A stream of would be passengers hurtling down a platform hoping to make a tight connection. And as I've only very slightly managed to leave the county this last twelve months, I give thanks for briefly visiting another country en route! Light on the wide water of the estuary as we left it...  and fields ploughed, shorn and still with stripes of growing crops. For the trolley finally calling at my seat with tea...

I give thanks for John and Jo collecting me from the station and plying me with tea, cake and cauliflower cheese...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics