Tuesday 5 September 2017

Fumble abode

Well, I give thanks the knock me sideways news this morning wasn't medical for a change. It's useful to be reminded of all the other ways a life can be in disarray, to remember all things are always liable to change and you'd do best not rely on anything turning out the way you think it might. I believe this is what some people mean when they say I have 'trust issues' and that I'm bringing it all on myself. No, trust me, if I had that much influence over events I would be inundated with abundance and comfort and joy! In the meantime I give thanks for trying to focus on the fact that though what I've heard definitely doesn't bode well...it's not actually gone bad yet.

I give thanks for Rachel coming last night and giving me a great treatment including use of a tuning fork thingy she got from the gong lady at the yoga/meditation weekend I couldn't go to. That she enthusiastically ate the rather lame meal I had prepared...and attended to the washing up, drying up and putting away afterwards! Don't know which bit of what she did did the trick but I've been feeling a lot better today, and give a lot of thanks for that.


I give thanks for my operated on arm feeling more 'normal' too, well within the bounds of what normal is for that one anyway...and that, beset by so many problems nothing but so much more money could make less problematic I fear, I decided to potter about making 'free' and easy things for the upcoming sale from odds and ends of fabric, haberdashery and beads. I give thanks for my creative energy, which may not be as much use as many other sorts, but which has given me (and a whole lot of other people) pleasure over the years. I give thanks for chuckling at a notion that came into my head as the idea and the actuality of these took shape - 'I missed my true vocation in life' I thought, 'I should have been a craftsperson', forgetting for a moment that I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics