Friday 1 September 2017

No change

I give thanks for the bright sunshiny day. I was supposed to be going away for the weekend to somewhere rather scenic, I'm told, so thanks too for imagining the feeling of optimism the good weather probably gives the other people who are still going or gone. For all the folk having happier times than me...heavens, I wish the neighbours were, they've been hard work the last couple of days...

For getting some sleep in the night...and when some crashing about upstairs awoke me (earplugs being tricksy things just now), for listening to the calling owls after it stopped. For rising to the challenge of assuaging my ravenous appetite within the bounds of what I'm allowed to eat and can be bothered to produce. And because I'm feeling rather sad and tearful, I give thanks I'm also very tired today so I can snatch little naps and not feel anything at all.

I give thanks for my arm not hurting as much as I feared it might do, for finding ways to deal with some of the inconveniences of its reduced abilities. For at least trying to get my head around the ones for which there is no work around... For managing at last to hack those bracelets off, and put on some normal clothes. I should probably think about changing my dressing...I give thanks it's not become urgent yet so I can chicken out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics