Thursday 14 September 2017

Short on curlews

I give thanks for seeing some of a windswept coastline I thought I never would, as you either need a car or to know someone who has one and likes you enough to take you! I was aware the train didn't pass very close so I was delighted it went close enough for glimpses...and that the town that was our destination had a chunk of it of its own to admire with great delight.


I give thanks for the big Northern skies. For the graceful wind turbines doing their stuff. I give thanks for hearing one of my favourite sounds in the wholest widest world ever, long lost when I stopped walking in the wilds of Wales - the curlew's call! It is such a yearned for aural treat, I wondered at first if I was imaginatively constructing the sound from other bird noises, whistling dog owners etc. But it was true! For a lovely cliff top walk in bright sunshine, unintended as the map was misleading but very welcome anyway...

I give thanks for feeling in better health today than I did yesterday. For having my stitches out at a small friendly local hospital...and finding somewhere I could eat boring but necessary eggs on toast (my body making it clear I've been a bit too lax with the dietary restrictions lately). That Jan could have a lentil soup more pleasing than the ambience of the venue suggested it might be. For the French pâtisserie being out of the most forbidden concoctions when we went there for me to have a spoonful of sweet post suture tugging reward. Oh and for buckwheat crêpes for breakfast too, when we went to the market for that paella pan first thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics