Thursday 7 September 2017

Sorely tempted

Just when I was losing hope of release I give thanks for sleep rescuing me from frets and fears of last night. For dreams neither too miserable...nor so happy that waking up was! I don't know about you, but I have a little five second recce just after I open my eyes regarding what page I'm on in the story of my life - What plates am I spinning? Which ones have just dropped? Which ones have smashed into sharp edged shards I must tread carefully over, and which ones have just tipped something messy somewhere hard to clean up? Lately I barely have time to draw a breath before I remember something or other I'd rather forget, and have to scour the corners of my mind to find a thought less depressing. Today a rug I'd taken a fancy popped into it...and I gave great thanks when I realised I had acquired such rug and it was awaiting my appreciation and admiration when I dragged myself out of bed!

I give thanks for the scenery seen from the top deck of the bus...especially the drifts of cyclamen under some of the trees. For accepting the impracticality of treating myself to some consolation prize treat in the city as the timing wasn't great...and then finding a second hand top to treat myself to in the charity shop on the hospital site! On the whole I tend to doubt the wisdom of taking comfort in material stuff, but as my first choice pick-me-up of exalting experience is becoming more problematic to provide, it's something when something makes me smile...

I give thanks for forgetting to take with a pinch of salt the sugar coated version of what would happen next given to me by the consultant...so that I walked quite jauntily down the long corridor to the next department where a nurse said 'Oh, no! That's not the way it is...have these bitter pills instead!' (well metaphorically anyway...) I give thanks my little wound looks very neat and not scary, and that the snickety niggly pain I have seems to be just the wiry sutures tweaking my delicate flesh. Shame I can't have them out just yet...and that when I could I probably cannot either unless I could just 'pop in' to a minor injuries unit or wait a very long time in an A & E.  Even more of a shame the procedure hasn't worked though, so I've got more very untempting attempts to go through yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics