Wednesday 6 September 2017

Splashing out

Yay! Something happened the way it was 'supposed to'...and as this was something to do with partially alleviating the effects of a lot of things that didn't, I am very grateful indeed!

I give thanks for a busy morning trying to prepare for something else turning out OK-ish, busy with forms and paperwork.

For a pleasant afternoon weatherwise and Mima and her daughter taking me out on little shopping trip where I bought a new rug I'd been coveting. I tried to carry it very carefully (and Annabel helped in the end for which I was also grateful) but it was opening a door with the arm I'm not supposed to use as the other one was busy with the rug that upset my wound and made it bleed a bit again. It really does make everything very complicated trying to excuse it from all exertion. They should send you home with minions, never mind new dressings!

It's not looking good for taking up some upcoming opportunities to swim, and I'm not very grateful about that... I feel I should follow that with a 'Never mind, at least... ' sort of comment but I can't think of one. Oh well, never mind... I give thanks at least I tried.

I couldn't have one of those exceedingly good ice creams as they'll probably test my blood tomorrow, so I give thanks for a budget cream tea to share in the coach party ready acres of screwed down canteen seating. For sharing some less than appreciative views of these and other 'attractions' and facilities. They do sell exceedingly good rugs that my budget can stretch to though!

I give thanks for being on the receiving end of a few kind thoughts and deeds. Particular thanks for the ones from Bob...and for making people laugh in the doctor's about something rather sad. With so many big things going wrong no one can fix for me, even the littlest considerations and good intentions mean a lot just now.

I give thanks I nearly made soup last night so I'm off to finish it off in a bit...after I've sorted out my new rug (ready to get splashed no doubt!) I give thanks I've been practising using the vacuum one handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics