Thursday 9 November 2017

Best of both world

I give thanks for sleeping under the cosy comforting cloud of both duvets at once again. Not that they felt very cloudlike when I was attempting to wrestle them into the cover and onto the bed yesterday...

I give thanks for feeling less feeble and painful and more able to get on with things today, including going out to pick up some bits. For coming up with hasty plans B and C when places I wanted to go were out of stock of what I wanted to buy or closed for refurbishment. One of these being a cafe, where a rest and some refreshment was much required, I give thanks for a delicious lemony Italian thing I can't remember the name of but costs a pound in the market!

For spotting the mistiness of mizzly rain dropping down from the moor, the late autumn trees reflected in the still water of the estuary, the most delicate pastel rainbow...

I give thanks for managing to get back in the building on my return. The combination of both newly painted front door and newly laid carpet meant I very nearly couldn't get out in the first place, so I also gave thanks for the practice at not fretting about things whilst not actually forgetting them but processing possible ways of dealing with them if and when they arise...

I give thanks my most immediate neighbour is back. He's not been around much lately which has been blissfully peaceful, so you might wonder why now he is home and clearly in a very bad mood I am feeling grateful. This is simply because he is a fairly predictable quantity. When he went away I was rather worried about what might happen next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics