Saturday 4 November 2017

Finger picking good

I've been trying to find a cross body bag large enough to carry shopping and water resistant enough to shop when it rains. I like shopping when it's rainy as the shops tend to be quieter...but I guess there's not much call for such items as people tend to have cars and or/fully functional hands and the search has been long and fruitless. I give thanks for lots of sunny days for going in a lot of shops looking however!

I've been looking on the internet too, of course, and finally found something I thought might do, and as it was reduced to £10 it wouldn't be a major failure if not - bags are always useful for some sort of transportation or storage aren't they?  It was Click and Collectable somewhere I could get by bus but unless I spent more I'd have to pay £3.99 for this privilege and, of course, as is often the way in these situations I couldn't find anything else I wanted to buy for myself or anyone I knew. So I give thanks for having a bright idea and looking for something to contribute to our local food bank seasonal appeal for children's gifts instead. I was particularly grateful to find something appealing for a boy - gloves with monster finger puppet fingers!

This bed based quest was almost all I did all morning as I was completely lacking in enough get up and go to get up and go at all...so I give thanks this didn't matter! For an afternoon almost as idle, but dressed and at least occasionally moving about. My hands being too sore from previous craftwork to hold needles or hooks today, I give thanks for discovering after strapping them up a bit of cutting and pinning ready for machine sewing was possible. A very small bit - I made a very small scrunchie!

I give thanks for choosing leftovers for meals to avoid chopping...and that washing up was out of the question! For starting a new book I think that I'll enjoy...and cunningly tracking down one I also think I might, but had forgotten the title and author!

I give thanks for watching the wonder full Blue Planet II...

And for this selection of weather photos
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weatherwatchers/article/41253774/highlights-from-another-amazing-year/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics