Monday 20 November 2017

Knit fix

There's been a lot of tussles with inanimate objects today - cutlery, clothing, the contents of my purse - but most of all my own body I guess. I give thanks for skirmishes won and for philosophically accepting some things are not fixable just now...

All I really felt up to was staying in bed and reading so I give thanks for Jenny taking me to the library and back! For three looked forward to books on very long loan as the computer system there is due for an overhaul over the nest few weeks. For nattering with the ladies who knit though my hands were too sore to join in with that part. It was very interesting not taking any with me and having to deal with the constant urges to do so - a bit like not having a cigarette if you're a smoker, or just pop if you like a drop of the harder stuff, when all around you people are partaking. There's something about the rhythmic repetitive movements of knitting which can be rather meditative and soothing...and clearly somewhat addictive!

I give thanks I managed to drink tea and eat biscuits anyway...

I give thanks for managing to machine sew some small seams I pinned a few days ago. For leftovers for tea so no chopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics