Sunday 12 November 2017

Light work

I thought I'd done a lot yesterday...until I tried to do the rest today! I always underestimate how long it will take me to clean and tidy to my satisfaction before a viewing...and I give thanks for reminding myself it's not my satisfaction that matters. In fact I give thanks for reminding myself every day I turn up for is an achievement, and accomplishing anything on top that is bonus territory!

I give thanks for being moderately confident when I set off to hear the surgeon's verdict tomorrow both I, and my flat, will be adequately well presented. For being moderately comfortable and unconcerned by all the uncertainty lately. Pretty much everything always is, but we manufacture a lot of our sense of security from pretending otherwise don't we? I give thanks for the opportunities I have to practice patience and flexibility...

I give thanks for my daylight lamp for helping me do some sewing after sun down, and for my Actipatches and some tubular bandages for helping my hands to recover.


I give thanks I've been enjoying looking for possible images for the black and white photo challenge. There is so much to see when you really look - out of the window, across the room. I was transfixed by the light on the buds and seedpods on this little tree and it took a while for it to dawn on me I could try to capture it in colour as well monochrome! By then the sun had moved and they weren't glowing in the same way but still looked rather pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics