Friday 3 November 2017

Lighten our parkness

I give thanks for feeling a bit stronger today...and the aches and pains being a bit weaker. For it thus being a good day to go to the Revive meeting and chat to fellow sufferers of long term health conditions, though not about long term health conditions which I find tedious enough to live with, let alone talk about!

I give thanks for the general chattiness of hereabouts, and the lovely people I've met since I've been living here. For the renovations continuing. Today the outside of the porch and front door were painted and new carpet began to be laid on the landings. I don't understand why these are being done - I don't remember anything of any benefit to residents here ever being done by the freeholder without a lengthy battle, so maybe it is to benefit him in some way...and there's some catch that I've not thought of (I've thought of the cost, of course!) Nonetheless, the improvements probably improve the saleability of my flat and certainly improve the liveability in the meantime!

I give thanks for another very satisfactory 'pre-owned' eBay purchase. The other day I realised the only garments I was wearing that hadn't come from there were my socks, shoes and scarf...coat, cardi, dress, the whole caboodle. Yes, even my underwear had though yes of course it was new... The footwear came from very ordinary high street stores...the jewelry, as usual, handmade... but the scarf, just to catch you out, came from a market stall on the banks of the Grand Canal in Venice! I give thanks I don't need a magazine or merchandiser (or employer or partner!) to tell me what to choose...

I give thanks for this little patch of pinkness breezing by in the grey as the sun went down. For someone posting pictures of seals in the harbour here today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics