Friday 10 November 2017

No frills

I give thanks for my new man's dressing gown. Haha, no... I mean my new dressing gown designed for a man! All the women's ones I'd seen were too fancy and fussy for my tastes, to say nothing of the expense. So I give thanks as Mima was going to Matalan I looked in there and as our route through the shop took us through the (un)appropriate section saw this lush only slightly too large plain deep purple one. Much cheaper than the women's ones too...

I give thanks for my no frills fish pie. No, not out of a supermarket's white packet, but out of leftover cooked veg, the renally acceptable tiddly bit of cheese (cream with garlic and herbs plus cheddar)   and fish and puff pastry from the freezer. So quick...so easy...and so delicious!

I give thanks considering how very unwilling my body was to get out of bed this morning, let alone do anything other than make a cup of tea and get back to it, it's been a remarkably productive day...For putting a zip in a skirt-to-be (something I've not done for years and was rather scared of) and a useful discussion with a mortgage advisor (likewise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics