Monday 13 November 2017

One slice or two?

I give thanks for pineapple upside down pie...leftover tinned pineapple topped with leftover puff pastry, cooked and then turned upside down (funnily enough). No leftovers now ;-) For ribald amusement with Rude Tube, wonder and awe at Blue Planet...

I give thanks for setting my alarm clock as my body fancied more sleep than the morning's activities would allow...and thus being able to complete them. To Julie for taking me to my appointment - so much simpler for me than the bus and always nice to have a catch up chat with a fellow social reclusive! I give thanks though parking was a conundrum at first we still got there early and, as they'd had some no shows, I was whisked straight in.

I give thanks for the new (to me) surgeon being a helpfully informative and rather humorous man...who actually listened and responded too. For him being surprisingly (to both of us) pleased with the number of possibilities my veins offered, and then surprising myself by asking out of the blue if I could have a go with equipment the non operated on arm would be using to test out the feasibility of doing myself one day (I could as long at it's a plastic tube not a vein I'd be doing it on!)

As I have to have a think about the options and possible repercussions now (none of which are especially appealing of course) and make a choice soonish, I give thanks for not feeling pressured or pestered (by my body or the docs) but patiently supported while I do.

I give thanks for a drive down a memory laden road afterwards and lunch in a small vegan cafe with not much in the way of cake (sigh) but very nice savoury selection. For a good flollop on the sofa on my return with a cup of tea and toast made with bread from the baker that slices it for you plus sme of John's jam from a jar found in the back of the cupboard.

I give thanks it's acupuncture day today...and it's Rachel's turn to provide the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics