Thursday 2 November 2017

Ooh sum times!

Nomnomnom... I give thanks for yesterday's tea! Just dhal and rice and poppadoms and chutney but so good I ate it twice!

I give thanks for a brilliant OU program on BBC4 about the algorithms behind the scenes of our lives. Algorithms, as I'm sure you know, are simple sets of problem solving instructions...and the makers simply solved the problem of making it interesting with fun accompanying graphics and demonstrative tools like teams of dancers. It was an hour long but the time went so fast I thought it must have been half an hour or 45 minutes...

For the moonlight shining on the sea last night and pearly blue of it today.

For managing to get going eventually. Some days I'm so stiff and sore it feels like it may not happen...but eventually it eases up. Other times, like today, the pain actually gets worse, but the weather was so pretty it seemed a waste of a 'reprieve' hospital day to stay indoors.

I give thanks for the beautiful scenery seen from the bus...and that on the way home, when I feared I might fall asleep, a man with a very loud voice got on and ensured I didn't. He had a lot to say, most of it expletives or offensive in some way, including the kind of jaw droppingly xenophobic remarks that start with 'I'm not a racist but...' At one point he also appeared to relieve himself into a pop bottle, although of course we all tried very hard to not to look or listen...and must be grateful for the bottle if he did! I give thanks for soothing music in my ears, and the exchanged glances of camraderie between the rest of the travelling passengers.

I give thanks I've another viewing arranged for next week. There's been no more news from the lady who said she loved it...but the next one is bound to bring me Luck. Seriously...that is their name!

I give thanks it's Mr Tesco's turn to make tea...I've some wimpering and wimping about to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics