Saturday 18 November 2017

Roll with it

I give thanks for an early night and lots of sleep but unfortunately I was much too sore this morning for Plan A which was to meet Mima on the bus or train for a quick shopping trip to the city. I give thanks for Plan B which was for her to pick me up in her car and drive part of the way to close by another more accessible station. I give thanks this was also near a favourite chip shop so I could buy her lunch to say thank you on the way back!

I wouldn't normally choose to be 'in town' on any Saturday, let alone one when the High Street and malls were already absorbing a steady stream of customers by 10am...and I give thanks the places I wanted to spend my pennies were mostly off the beaten track, down the cobbled lanes. I give thanks thanks in the noble search for treats for vegan chums and a rather alternative son I came back with some stuff for myself as well! Well, 'What would you like for Christmas?' is not a phrase I often hear so it's important to make sure I get it! Oh, and I give thanks for discovering though the relocated Real Food shop has no cafe (boo!) it does sell Taifun tofu (hooray!) plus something I've seen on line that looks a lot like original Sosmix. A plate of my traditional non-sausage rolls would look a lot like Christmas and (unlike most traditional seasonal food) actually be allowed!

I've not done much since I've been home but that's OK, there's no law that says I have to! I give thanks for thinking a lot about crafty items I'd like to make. My head is always as full of design ideas as a Pinterest page but, as these don't come with patterns and instructional videos, many woman hours go into the workings out of how to make them happen. Many happy woman hours, I might add, of stitches and seaming in my head, scribbled sums on bits of paper...probably a few unhappy ones are saved as well by less unpicking and trying again...

I give thanks it's the slow cooker's turn to cook tea and, though there's lots of free stuff on in town for the the jazz festival I shall be freely making use of the sofa, the remote control and the snooze button!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics