Wednesday 8 November 2017

Turned out nice again

I give thanks for rustling up one of those almost instant individual trifles last night. Sometimes I feel the need, but I'm still on the same half bottle of sherry I've had for almost a year so I give thanks it's clearly not a desperate one!

I give thanks for pancakes for brunch as well. And that being the limit of the cooking I've done today - for snacks and leftovers instead.

I give thanks for lots of recuperative resting - managing to read a book for a while and even take a little nap. But for some purposefulness too, mostly of the non - energetic variety but purposeful nonetheless.

I give thanks it turned out nice again - bright sunshine soon thawing the chilly morning air and drying the washing at the windows, and dreamy lilac cloud puffs after it had set.


I give thanks for Turned Out Nice Again...the enchanting little volume I chose the other day, which turned out to be a beautifully written mix of science, literary reference and reminiscences about the British weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics