Wednesday 21 February 2018

Another brick in the wall

I give thanks for the luxury of an extremely restful day, and I give thanks for not considering this 'lazy' but necessary and recuperative! Sometimes I hit a wall of tiredness and it has to be clambered over or trudged around, but there's days when I have the great good fortune to be able to just lean against it and lounge around a while...

I had planned to stay in bed very late but woke up very early and I give thanks for the beautiful glowing blue of a half dark sky when you're indoors with the light on, an early cuppa and biscuit with a book and back to sleep again. For waking in time to remember to check what time a delivery was due... And realising, with a shock, much earlier than I'd imagined but with time to get hastily dressed and ready. For the postman arriving at the same time as the courier's van so only one trip up and down the stairs today.


I give thanks for doing a few crafty things until my hands ached, for a hearty lunch that drifted into a nap in front of the TV and for catching sight of the hazy sunlight brightening these chimney stacks through the bare branches of the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics