Friday 20 April 2018

Ice ice baby

Yay! I give thanks I've finally ordered a new fridge freezer. I've been meaning to for a while but arm surgery and its aftermath have put back the plans a few times. It's a frost free one which should make life a lot easier...and is a little smaller than the one I currently have as a lot of the stuff I used to keep in stock is stuff I can't eat so much of now...

One of those barely rarely edible things is ice cream. Likewise fruit juice sorbets and frozen yoghurts, even non dairy ones... So I give thanks I had a brainwave for this mini heatwave and froze a plastic shot glass containing 'posh squash' ie elderflower and rose cordial. With nothing to stick in it for a stick I had to tip it into a bowl to eat..and somehow down my front as well, which was also very refreshing!

I give thanks lolly moulds are now on my mental shopping list, as this treat proved just the job for when all the cab drivers seem to have taken the day off and I have to plod up the hill. I give thanks for waiting a while on a seat near the rank to see if the situation improved...and thus for then knowing not to try to carry too much. I give thanks the busmen weren't on holiday and could bring me half way home.

I give thanks for getting out at all. Strangely, despite yesterday's exercise, my aches and pains eased off during the night and didn't catch up with me until I'd done some chores today. I give thanks for just keeping slowly pushing on and finally getting to a sunny sheltered spot on the beach to eat my lunch and read a Big Issue and have a big rest....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics