Tuesday 10 April 2018

Set the controls for the heart of the sun

I give thanks after pressing the pause button on my TV remote control yesterday before leaving the room, the device completely disappeared! All that extra physical exercise I had hunting in high places and low, behind and beside and underneath instead of slumping goggling at the box! All the problem solving puzzling out places to look, and how to perform the (nowadays) expected viewing operations with the minimal buttons on the TV and digibox or the spare remote that has all the buttons but only minimal capacity for syncing between the two.

I give thanks there was nothing I missed seeing in the meantime...and when I'd finally sorted everything (it seemed) except volume control (for which I have to reach behind the screen) for managing to coax the disturbed dodgy aerial cable back into service too. I give thanks all this faffing about stopped me fretting about all the rather more serious broken, missing or malfunctioning parts of my life (well for a little while anyhow!).

After sleeping badly today I gave thanks for getting going anyway, getting on with household chores and the office work of life. I give thanks for a tip run with Mima after a spot of late lunch out (yes, I checked the recycling bags - no, the remote control wasn't there!)

Tomorrow I'm going to see another flat...this one has...wait for it...central heating!!! I give thanks for aiming high!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics