Tuesday 17 April 2018

With a little help from my friends

I give thanks to Rachel for eating my bodged together tea, for treating my sore bits, washing the pots...and emptying the slops down the loo so they don't land on my neighbour's doorstep. She also brought me a baby money plant...money doesn't grow on trees you know, it grows on plants!

I give thanks for the mind and eye and ear candy of a BBC  Documentary on the Andes. We are so lucky to be able to travel to so many wonderful places these days - virtually and vicariously!

I give thanks for Ann sending me another excellent book to read...and for reading some of it too...

I give thanks for two reasonable sleeps, each side of the standard early morning stretch of wakefulness of the somewhat stressed and depressed. I give thanks for lots of ideas of things to do today to help me feel I'm still getting somewhere with some of the stuff I'd like to be achieving, but there was so much pain in too many places levels so everything including getting out of bed had to be done in stages (the first one of each being thinking I'd rather not even try!) and purposefulness and productivity ended up in short supply...

I give thanks for murky weather and nothing I had to go out for today, as this cut out two things that would have hurt horribly - putting shoes on and detangling my hair! I give thanks for arnica cream, Actipatches and paracetamol...

I give thanks most of my physical troubles are still due to non life threatening bodily malfunction. For continuing too defy medical science with the more serious conditions... For my microbiome which I suspect must be doing its bit!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43674270

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics